14th SCTA Coffee Forum and Dinner !
SAVE THE DATE FOR 2024
See you next year in Basel on October 3rd and 4th !
DAY PASSES SCTA 2023 FORUM
The registration for the day passes has been closed now, as per earlier announcement.
The deadline to order day passes was September 15th, 2023.
Please note we cannot accept any last minute orders beyond this date as there will be no day desk at the venue.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you in Basel.
SCTA Next Gen Sustainability Contest
Join us during the presentation of the top 3 initiatives selected from the applications. During and after the presentation, you are invited to vote for the winner via our SCTA Connect App. The winner will be announced during the SCTA Gala Dinner
Official opening of the 14th SCTA Forum and Dinner event.
Cyrille Jannet SCTA VP
VP of the grand council of the local Basel Stadt parliament
How does civil society work with the private sector to address key challenges and legislation? The state of sustainability efforts and the way forward
- Prof Dorothee Baumann Pauly, Director Geneva School of Economics and Management
- Kimberly Easson, Founder and CEO Equal Origins
- Tessa Meulensteen, IDH Program Director
- Louisa Truss, Elucid
- Germán A. Bahamón, CEO Colombian Coffee Growers’ Federation
- Sjoerd Panhuysen, Ethos Agriculture (The Coffee Barometer)
Technology drivers to net zero
What are the new technologies and solutions that will be critical if the sector hopes to achieve net zero? What are the disruptive and innovative approaches on sustainability – from risk mapping to smallholder financing?
- Dr Sarada Krishan Program Leader Coffee, CropTrust
- Daniel Schulz Strategy and Business Development, Correntics
- Dr Norbert Schmitz CEO/Owner Meo Carbon Solutions
- Joseph Larosse Deputy Managing Director TOUTON
- Katrazyna Geiger, Founder/Owner Humatico
Cocktail reception at Volkshaus
Roland van der Vorst CEO of Rabo Carbon Bank
Net Positive Coffee: Dream or Real Opportunity?
The ambition for net positive especially in the context of the proliferation of initiatives in coffee – how can SCTA and Switzerland position themselves at the forefront of this debate and action plan
- Julie Reneau Nespresso SA
- Rosario Pajuelo Director of the Peruvian Trade Office for Switzerland and France
- Vern Long CEO World Coffee Research
- Roland van der Vorst CEO of Rabo Carbon Bank
- Stephanie Dreifuss, Director Partnerships Swisscontact
- Katherine Oglietti ITC Coffee Network Coordinator
Will pre-competitive approaches help or hinder?
How will industry associations and other collaborative platforms evolve to support the urgent transition to positive impact at scale? How will they ensure practical implementation? Or will the industry get stuck in a decade of compliance? Reviewing the World of Opportunity debates of the past 12 months
- Eileen Gordon Sec Gen European Coffee Federation
- Marcos Matos CEO Cecafe Brazil
- Gustavo Jimenez – CEO ICAFE Costa Rica
- Bill Murray CEO National Coffee Association USA
- Paul Rooke ED British Coffee Association
- Michael von Luehrte Sec Gen SCTA
Green Coffee Trading – Risks & Opportunities
Taking a look at the trading environment and the impact on coffee traders.
What are the new risks & challenges the Trade Industry is facing for 24 & beyond ?
What does the sector need to do better to overcome fragmentation of sustainability initiatives ?
- David Behrends Managing Partner Sucafina
- Colman Cuff MD Ecom
- Ben Clarkson MD LDC Coffee
- Deepak Kaul Senior Vice President – Coffee, OFI
- Trishul Mandana MD Volcafe
End of panel sessions
Cocktail Reception Forum Area Congress Center
(by invitation only)
20:15 – 20:35
Address by the SCTA President Mr. Nicolas Tamari
Open Bar Lounge